Social Discomfort is a community where discussion and disagreements are welcomed and encouraged, but we do have a few rules regarding how this discussion will take place. Mostly, just use your common sense and you’ll be fine. If you wouldn’t say it to a person’s face or in front of your mother, you probably shouldn’t say it here. For details on our policies, see below.
A. Comment Ownership and Liability
- Comments reflect the opinions of their individual authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the site owner.
- Comment content is the sole property of the person or organization making the comment; commenting on this site does not confer ownership of the comment or any of its contents to the site owner.
- Comment content is the responsibility of the person or organization making the comment; the site owner is not liable for the content of any comments posted on the site.
B. Community Guidelines for Comment Content
- Feel free to attack or challenge the ideas and comments of others, but personal attacks will not be tolerated. This includes comments on race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or any other creative ways you can think up to insult someone. Discussing these topics is fine; insults will be deleted. Be nice.
- Mild cursing is acceptable; excessive cursing is not. What constitutes “excessive cursing” will be determined at the sole discretion of the site owner.
- Comments may contain any number of links. Comments containing 2 or more links will automatically be held for moderation, and excessive, inappropriate, or off-topic links will be removed or the comment will be deleted at the sole discretion of the site owner.
- The comment area is for on-topic discussion only. For off-topic discussion, visit Facebook, Google+, Twitter, or Contact Us. Off-topic comments may be removed at the sole discretion of the site owner.
C. Comment Moderation
- Because of the guidelines set in part A of this policy, comment content will only be edited to correct spelling errors, to replace excessive cursing with asterisks, or to remove links violating this policy.
- Comments that violate this policy and cannot be edited in the above-named manner will be deleted or marked as SPAM.
- This blog uses a SPAM filter (Akismet) to automatically remove blatant comment spam. If you believe your comment was mistakenly caught in the spam filter, contact the site owner to resolve the issue.
- Comments that are not held for moderation because of links should appear immediately. If your comment does not appear immediately, and it did not contain more than one link, please contact the site owner.
- Comments held for moderation because of the number of links contained should appear within 24 hours. If your comment does not appear within 24 hours, please contact the site owner.